– an internationally recognized federation and certification
– participate actively in the development of apnea through the international AIDA assembly
– possibility to follow courses at different levels: AIDA *, AIDA **, AIDA ***, AIDA ****, instructor or judge
– access to training in swimming pools and open water (lakes, quarries) and internships organized by AIDA Belgium
– access to national and international competitions in swimming pools and open water organized by AIDA Belgium or AIDA International
How to become a member of AIDA Belgium?
You have two options:
– you do not yet have a diving insurance policy: AIDA Belgium offers you diving insurance with Ethias at a favorable group rate: you pay € 30 membership fee for AIDA Belgium and € 30 for insurance with Ethias = € 60 per year. You can find the Ethias insurance policy here.
– you already have a DAN insurance policy: you only pay € 30 membership fee per year for AIDA Belgium, you must then send us proof of your DAN insurance policy. You can find more information about DAN here.
– as an AIDA member you are required to have a diving insurance policy
– AIDA Belgium only recognizes Ethias and DAN as diving insurance
– a contribution is always for the current year, unless it was concluded after 1 October, then it is also valid for the following year
We also recommend that you take an effort test every few years (every 5 years to 45 years, every 2 years from 45 to 55 years, every year for more than 55 years). However, this is not mandatory.
What steps do I take to become a member?
– you transfer the amount of € 30 (DAN) or € 60 (Ethias) to account number IBAN BE44 7765 9662 2445 of AIDA Belgique ASBL with the mention of your name, your license and the mention “membership + year”
– you send an email to [email protected] with a copy of your medical certificate and your diving insurance (if DAN). If you become a member for the first time, you also send a scan of a passport photo in the format JPG 300 dpi (3.6 cm x 2.85 cm), this photo will appear on your membership card
– in order to reduce plastic, your electronic membership card will be emailed to you
More info on our activities?